Friday, September 21, 2012

Sweater weather

I feel an approaching wave of domesticity coming on. Which must mean that fall has officially arrived. Though the weather is still in the upper 70s without a rain cloud in sight, the other day my fingers were itching to start a knitting project. Also, cooking chicken noodle soup from scratch and baking my own bread started to sound like a really good idea (never mind that I would have to clean all the dirty dishes off the counter in my tiny kitchen before I even started). I don't know what it is about fall, maybe because the days are shorter and more time is spent inside, but all of the sudden a pile of yarn, a mug of coffee, and Downton on DVD sounds likes luxury to me.

I'm almost done making a scarf, so I am currently auditioning ideas for the next project. By auditioning I mean spending way too much time looking for knitting patterns online.


The Berroco website usually has a good selection of free patterns, but it's also nice to support independent designers. I've been following designers like Ysolda Teague and Andi Satterlund for a while, their patterns are always beautiful and a little bit whimsical. Knitty is also has great place to find free patterns from independent designers.

No comments:

Post a Comment