Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Handmade outfit



earrings: designed and made by me
jacket: H&M
belt: H&M
purse: vintage
skirt: designed and made by me
shoes: Etienne Aigner

A pause in the New York photos to show another outfit with handmade items. I designed and made both the skirt and the earrings in these shots. I was slow to warm to the maxi skirt trend (maybe it's the name?), but now I completely understand the appeal. They're so comfortable and you don't even have to shave your legs! I made this skirt in one afternoon with a lovely, soft knit that I've had for a couple of years but was afraid to cut up for fear of ruining it. I'm thinking if there is enough interest I might post a pattern/tutorial. What do you think?

I know there is some fashion law passed from one queen bee to the next that you're not supposed to repeat outfits, but I wore this one twice. First at the opening of my friend Sarah's art show in New York and then when my mom and I went to a performance of the Pacific Northwest Ballet this weekend here in Seattle. I figured if there was a 3,000 mile separation between wearings it wouldn't count? Or more likely I just don't care that much. 

On a side note, it took me for-ever to find a pair of heels that weren't sky high. While I appreciate the aesthetics of those kind of heels, I don't really need to be 6'4". I'll leave those heels to the more petite girls. But it would be nice if there was a variety of cute heels available in a variety of heights. 

No comments:

Post a Comment