Friday, September 2, 2011

My night with Joseph Gordon Levitt







I'm not sure how many of you have heard about Joseph Gordon Levitt's production company hitRECord and the open collaboration magic that happens there. Last Tuesday the magic was brought to the Neptune in Seattle and I found myself with drink in hand, throughly enjoying the show. There was music and short films and audience participation and it was all really inspiring. We all know Joseph Gordon Levitt from various movies and TV (and, admit it, various GQ photo shoots you have taped to the inside of your locker, or you would have taped to the inside of you locker if you weren't in your 20s and didn't have a locker. Just me? Ok) But I was surprised at how enthusiastic and downright positive he was about the whole thing. I guess surprised isn't quite the right word, maybe refreshing is a better way to describe it. As an artist trying to make a career out of my own creativity, I come up against obstacles all the time, and the frustration that results leads me to looking up how much it would cost me to go back to school and get a degree in marketing or whatever. I start to wonder if it really is possible, if it's worth it. To have someone up there reminding me that this is fun, that this is a way to connect with people through a shared passion, was exactly what I needed. I highly encourage you to check out the website and go to the show if it ever comes to your town.

No comments:

Post a Comment