Thursday, August 11, 2011

Handmade Challenge: Day 43




 top: designed and made by me
white lace dress: H&M
shoes: MIA
sunglasses: H&M


I found the fabric I used to make this top at the back of my local JoAnns in the red tag section, which is usually full of cheap prints half falling off the bolt that look like they've been run over by shopping carts. But occasionally if you dig through all the duds you're rewarded with something cheap and awesome, like this orange bird print knit. When I got it I was stoked because I knew exactly what I wanted to make with it. I designed my pattern and started cutting out the fabric. Everything seemed to be going according to plan. Then I did a major face palm when I realized I cut out one of the back pieces backwards and I didn't have any more fabric because I had bought the last of the bolt! I couldn't believe I made such a rookie mistake. So I hid it from the world for over a year out of embarrassment and frustration. But my love of the fabric overcame eventually and with some adjustments I finally finished it.

Also, I apologize for the pastiness of my legs. I hope the glare didn't blind anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment