Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Mid-Week Masters

If you're any where around Tacoma, I highly recommend Glimmering Gone at the Museum of Glass. When I walked into the gallery with Landscape in it I literally gasped and said "oh my god" out loud which was kind of embarrassing because the only other person in the gallery at that point was the security guard. This collaboration between Beth Lipman and Ingalena Klenall is a combination of fused and blown glass hung to form an icy, glittering landscape. Fragmented trees stretch up towards the ceiling and mirrored shards suggest a mountain stream. Truly one of the most beautiful works of art I've seen in a long time. The photos don't do it justice.


The photos above are from Beth Lipman's website. Photography wasn't allowed in the museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment