Thursday, June 9, 2011

Summer Reading

The Eyre Affair. I love the Bronte sisters, so it would follow that I will love a book with Jane Eyre, a mystery, and time travel, right?

Life in the Treetops. This book was written by Meg Lowman, who is a pioneer in rainforest canopy research. She is one of the most inspirational people I've ever met. I can't believe it's taken me this long to read her book.


A Million Little Pieces. I'm curious about the controversy. That's all.

The Feejee Mermaid and Other Essays in Natural and Unnatural History. With a title like that how could I resist? From what I can tell it's about weird phenomena in the animal kingdom. Cool.

The Satanic Verses. One I've been meaning to get to for a while.

The Children's Book. I know I'm being a little ambitious thinking I can finish this in one summer, it's a pretty hefty tome. But, I love love love A.S. Byatt so I can't go long without reading something by her.

No comments:

Post a Comment